9/08/2026

TACO TUESDAY

Not so much about tacos as about the foibles of my reckless cooking career.  

I've still got the "loaf" of goetta in the freeezer from the big batch I cooked up a few weeks ago.  It'll take a little while longer for me to go back to eating it.  I gave the half bag of pinoats to a golfing buddy so he could make his own goetta.  Good luck.  Last week I bought a cylinder of instant oatmeal because I like the cereal - I got home with it and found I had a whole can unopened.  More oats! Ugh!

I still have the "close to the bone ham" in the freezer from the ham I cooked for last Christmas.  Well, I finally bought a bag of pinto beans and two big boxes of vegetable broth to make a large cask of bean soup.  Hopefully, I'll have the courage to start soon.  You know, you've got to soak the beans for a day before you make it.

I did buy some frozen dinners for a change.  They're in the freezer.  Mostly, they're too small to satisfy me but it seemed like a good idea.  My freezer is full so now I need to do something about it.  I think I'll eat out.  







No comments:

Post a Comment