9/22/2026

TACO TUESDAY

 Not so much about tacos, but about food...and it is Tuesday.

The latest craze among old people (my pals) is to load up on proteins for breakfast.   What a great idea.  You gotta love proteins.  Bacon!  Sausage!  Ham!  Chicken!  Steak!  SPAM!

Yes, SPAM!  SPAM is one of my essential foods.   I'm not sure where it sits on the current food groups' chart - all I know is that it tastes good.  It's basically a combination of ham, pork, salt, some binders and preservatives.  You can actually buy several variations with less of some things or other meats added.  I like the Original.  

SPAM was developed in 1937 and really got going after World War II.  All the GI's came home from the war and had been indoctrinated in living on ready-to-eat food in a can.  It was an instant success.  Now, it's sold all over the world by Hormel Foods.  It provides over a quarter of your daily need for protein in just a 3-1/2 oz serving.  What a great way to start your day.  

Sadly, it became a bad name in the age of computers.  Spam is such a terrible thing to call unwanted e-mails and text messages.  What a shame.  I have a great idea in that regard.  I hope all of you are with me in this.  Let's start calling unwanted junk on your phone or computer by the name "cauliflower".  For me, it would be so much more appropriate.  Let's do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment