RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

10/26/2005

HAIR

HAIR

It opened on Broadway in 1968 - the rock musical Hair - the sexual revolution was on. Lots of nudity and long hair. It was ironic that about that time, when really long hair was coming into vogue, my hair was getting thinner and thinner. My mother claimed that I lost my hair in Vietnam. I guess she figured wearing a hat or helmet all the time wasn't good for it or she thought that made up for me not getting shot. I kind of liked the receding hair line. In my early twenties, I had a pretty high powered job for my age - dealing and meeting with big money people in the golf course development and construction business. I was self-conscious about my baby face and youthful phone voice. I thought the hair loss made me look older and gave me a little status as a business veteran. Pretty silly, huh. By 1970 or so it was all gone. Wish I had a prettier head.

No comments: