RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

11/27/2005

BLACK FRIDAY

BLACK FRIDAY

How could I be so old and yet so naive about some things. I never heard of black Friday until this year. I knew the day after Thanksgiving Day was a big shopping day. I knew people got crazy with early bird shopping and I'd seen pictures of maniac shoppers fighting for bargains. Of course, I'd never tried it myself. I only shop about twice a year anyway. I ventured out this year. I went to a local Kohls department store about 1:30 in the afternoon. Most stores advertised that they opened at 5 or 6 in the morning. I assumed the rush would be well over by the time I got there.

Ha! Little did I know. I walked in, surveyed the situation and walked back out. Who cares if none of my clothes fit me? I guess I'll just have to suck it up and suck it in until the holiday season is over.

No comments: