RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

12/04/2005

EPIPHANY

EPIPHANY

Next year I will be married for forty years. Yesterday, I did the wash for the first time in my life - three loads, I'll have you know. I also cooked dinner for about the tenth time in my life. My generation knew its place and its roll. Right or wrong, life seemed simpler. Don't worry, it'll never go back there again. Civilization marches on and there is no going back. No matter how enlightened you think you are, tomorrow will eclipse today. I guess you can look at the world as going through continual refinement or you may see it sliding down a slippery slope. Its all in your perspective. My guess is, people are most happy when they are in tune to the current mores and are neither ahead or behind the times. Its a challange to stay up-to-date for most of your life. Its a challange I am trying to meet. I guess I'll never be ahead of my time but I sure never want to be behind the times. When I die, I don't want to be standing on second wishing I had run. I want to go for third without hesitation, take the extra base and be sliding into home.

No comments: