RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

5/28/2006

SOFTBALL - WEEK 4

SOFTBALL - WEEK 4

I guess I've been waffling about whether or not to talk about softball. I think I will.

Week 1 was a disaster. We lost 22-13 to the team we beat in the championship game last year. Maybe our advanced age is a disadvantage early in the season. At least, I hope that's it. We just weren't ready to play.

Weeks 2 and 3 were rain outs.

Friday past, we drubbed a weak sister in the league. We run-ruled them (13-1) in record time (about 25 minutes). It was a beautiful evening and it gave us a lot of time to drink beer and tell each other how good we are. I told one of the guys that I'm convinced now that I don't really like softball that much. What I like is winning. Week 1 was no fun. This week was great fun.

No comments: