RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/28/2006

VACATION

VACATION

I took a day of vacation yesterday. It was one of the most beautiful days of the year - temperature in the high 70's, bright and clear. I worked in the yard most of the day. Felt good.

About 7:30 in the morning it hit the media that Terrell Owens, wide receiver for the Dallas Cowboys, had attempted to commit suicide. I like to write and I like sports but I could never be one of those vultures in the media who spent the whole day on a nothing story like that. That job of sports writing seems so romantic at times but at others a total waste.

A thought I had today while using the trimmer - I curse the fact that I have to wear glasses but a stone hit my glasses and they might have saved my vision. Be careful what you wish for.

No comments: