RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

11/24/2006

RECUPERATION & REPLENISHMENT

RECUPERATION & REPLENISHMENT

I spent yesterday afternoon in the hottub trying to recover from our morning exercise. We watched a little football - tossed a little football with the boys - and took a glorious nap. I never seem to take a real nap at home. Oh sure, I sometimes fall asleep on the couch watching a game on a Saturday afternoon, but its not the same. I'm talking about going in and laying down on the bed for two hours in the middle of the day. Now that is a real treat.

Of course we gorged ourselves with turkey and fixings when the time came and Johanna and her family came over for dessert in the evening. I had a bottle of good chardonnay with dinner and a few gin and tonic later on, That all made for good sleeping. My wife even had a couple of 'beam me up scottys'. It was a great day.

No comments: