RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

12/02/2006

WAL-MART

WAL-MART

Information is coming out that Wal-Mart's much publicized $4 generic drug program, that sounds so wonderful, is not all it was cracked up to be.

First and foremost, most generic drugs are not included in the program. I had not realized there was a limitation. I don't blame them for limiting the program to those drugs that are the cheapest. It makes sense. I just never thought about it.

Secondly, consider this. Almost 80% of Americans have some kind of drug insurance coverage. For those people, the average cost of these generic drugs at CVS, according to their CEO, is $5.37 for a month supply. Wow! You can save $1.37 a month.

For those that do not have drug insurance coverage, I'm sure the program is big help. Its just not what I had envisioned when I first heard about it.

No comments: