RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

2/10/2009

iPOD

When I got my new iPod I was disgruntle to find out it wouldn't communicate with my computer. The new iPods will only work with the latest Windows applications which I don't have. In any case, I was without all my music. My work computer uses Windows XP so it was there I started over collecting music.

The young guy in the next office gave me some of his albums to download. They included two by the alternative rockers Cold Play. At first, I told him they were a little too cutesy for me but I have grown to like them. This past Sunday, 60 Minutes on CBS interviewed the band and in particular their lead singer, Chris Martin. Later that night, Cold Play went on to win several Grammy awards including 'Song of the Year'. To my surprise, Martin broke the mold of today's rock stars. He is both modest and self-deprecating. He attributes the band's success to hard work and suggests they have less talent than others in the industry. They have produced four albums to date and all have gone platinum.

During the interview, Chris Martin said something very significant. He said that the most important thing their band had was ENTHUSIASM. He said anything you do with enthusiasm will be more readily accepted by others. That is so true. My demeanor has never allowed me to show much enthusiasm and I think it is one of the great faults of my character. Whatever you do, do it with enthusiasm!
.

No comments: