RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

5/21/2010

TIRES

Something struct me recently. I haven't had a flat tire for years. No, I'm not even knocking on wood. They just don't happen that much any more. When I was a young person, it seemed very commonplace to see someone changing a flat tire along the road. . . not so much any more. I bet I had about one flat tire per year when I first stated driving. Maybe I was just cheap and had poor tires. . . or maybe I was poor and had cheap tires. . . I don't know. Anyway, I think tires are much better than they used to be and the price hasn't gone through the roof, either. I salute the tire manufacturers. I don't keep a car longer than three years and I couldn't tell you if the last five cars I owned even had a jack and a spare. I suppose they did. Make sure you have good rubber under your car. . . be safe.
:o)

No comments: