RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/26/2010

SOFTBALL

Last night for the first time in many years, I was on the field with my son, Andy. We were short players and he had come to watch. We were the battery; pitcher and catcher. Not only that but he wore my running shoes and socks. Not only that, I actually had my granddaughter, Lucy, sitting on the bench with me for a while. Pretty neat, huh. And Suzanne was in the stands for the first time in five years (of course, the grandkids drew her, not me). And Missy and a shy Milo watched from the hill.

Oh, yes, the game. Our team played horribly. I pitched worse than any time in my memory. Andy hit the ball good. I was 2 for 4 but made a bad base-running misjudgement. It was still fun! Who cares that we got beaten like a drum?
:o)

No comments: