RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/04/2010

AGONY OF DA' FEET

I've been battling Achilles tendinitis for several months now. I completely stopped running/jogging over a month ago -I've stuck strictly to the bike, I wear heal gel pads in my shoes everyday, I haven't worn hard shoes once that whole time - I go to work every day and even church in running shoes. I was getting to the point where my foot was feeling pretty good and I was encouraged. Notice all the was'es.

Earlier this week I went to The Running Spot to get a new pair of running shoes. I have worn a size 10 shoe for the last fifty years. They measured my feet at 10-1/2 right and 11 left. They sold me a pair of 11-1/2 Nike's. I can't believe it. I've been forced to keep my big toe nails very short or else they would hurt. I thought it was a problem with the nails. DUH!

Last night, I jogged from in front of Fenwick High School to the football field - a couple hundred yards - and my foot was killing me when I got home. What am I to do?
:o(

No comments: