RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/28/2011

AGONY OF DA' FEET

Okay, I finally went to see a podiatrist about my Achilles tendon issue.  To recap, I think I whipped the Achilles tendinitis earlier this year but I still have pain every time I do anything more than just walk. 

Last Sunday, I went to Sharon Woods to walk/jog after the Bengals game.  My foot never felt better.  Absolutely no pain when I started ... almost no pain until about 2-1/2 miles.  I had done some slow jogging and some of what passes for sprinting for an old man but mostly just brisk walking.  Everything seemed good.  All of a sudden, a knife penetrated the back of my foot.  I could have screamed.  It only lasted a few seconds and it was gone.  I finished up and rushed home without stretching . . . tsk, tsk, tsk.  Early Monday morning the pain woke me up.  I could hardly walk all day. 

By Tuesday morning, I was almost 100% recovered.  The doctor said I have a classic case of tendinitis and bursitis.  I'm doing a steroid blast, going on an anti-inflammatory, using a topical pain medicine, and going back on an icing regimen.  I've ordered a silicone gel achilles sock.  We ain't messin' around . . . we're going after it.  He thinks we can cure it in about six weeks.  I'm excited. Keep your fingers crossed.
:o)

No comments: