RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

10/01/2011

CARDS

One thing you should know about me is that I don't really like to play cards.  Solitaire is acceptable but poker is the worst.  I got into bridge many years ago and it's something I found interesting but not really enjoyed.  Sitting  for long stretches at a card table is not my thing.
Well, for the first time in maybe twenty years, I went to a card party the other night.  A dozen guys, mostly forty-something friends, played euchre.  I can't say that I didn't have a good time.  Being around those nut-heads is always fun.  Mix together Terry Schuh and Johnny Fink and you have a good start.  Throw in Danny Brinkman, Trevor Lemmel and Tim Schuh and you have constant laughter.  Mix that up with Bud Light and Jack Daniels and you have a riot on your hands.  It even made the card game tolerable. 
:-)

No comments: