RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

10/22/2011

EARS

I've had a blue bulge about the size of a BB on the edge of my left ear for some time.  I think it's just one of those ugly little things your body collects from Mother Nature on the road to old age.  Its a spot where the skin got so thin you can see a collection of blood which makes it dark blue. I guess it's a permanent 'black and blue' mark.  Did the Wicked Witch of the North in the Land of Oz have spots like this?
Anyway, I've wanted to get rid of it ever since it appeared some five years ago.  I asked the dermatologist about it one time and he just blew it off with "Don't worry about it."  Yesterday, while at work, one of my co-idiots asked why I didn't get rid of that "wart" on my ear.  I tried to explain it to him but, being less than half my age, he didn't understand.  So tonight, I made an attempt at removing it myself.

I took a thin sewing needle from the little red pin cushion in our seldom used sewing case; ran rubbing alcohol over it and proceeded to stab the ugly dark bump.  Little or no pain was involved; just a single droplet of bright red blood.  The bulge shrank (shrink, shrank, shrunk?) and turned white. Gone! Wipe off the blood and the spot reappears.  Again, same result.  Again, same result.  I was bleeding myself dry, one drop at a time.  The spot would go away for a second and then come back.  It was no use.  My attempt at plastic self-surgery was a failure.  (Perhaps, I could use a similar method on my fat belly; a kind of self-liposuction.)    Perhaps, everyone should stop making fun of my ear.
:-)

No comments: