RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

11/01/2011

HALLOWEEN

Have you heard about the couple who threw a party and no one came? 

For the past seven or eight years, my wife and I have gone out on Halloween.  We would visit the grand kid's house, have food and drinks with our daughter's neighbors and watch all the little ones tromp from house to house.  It was a fun time.  Well, this year we decided to stay home.  In preparation for it, Suzanne bought just four bags of candy bars.  Living at the end of a dead-end street greatly reduces the number of trick-or-treaters.  We turned the outside lights on...left the front door open...lit candles in the pumpkins...everything we could think of to make sure there was no doubt we were home this year.

I counted every little child that ventured to our door.  ZERO!  Nada!  Zilch! Not a soul!  I can't believe it.  All that candy and no one to take it.  I've got a big chore in front of me now. 
:-)

No comments: