RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

5/02/2012

AIR PLANE TICKETS

I was working on buying plane tickets over the weekend.  I was surprised to find out that at least one airline, Air Tran, is charging extra to pick your seats.  I'm not talking about picking between first class and coach . . . I mean in coach.  They have three levels of seats in the coach area.  The price of the tickets on the website does not include you picking your seats.  For that price, you take your chances at the gate.  If you're traveling with someone, I suppose you take the chance that you might not be able to sit together.  If you choose your seat when you buy your ticket, the additional cost is $6, $15 or $30 per seat per leg of your trip.  For two people making a one stop trip somewhere, that adds $48, $120 or $240 to the price of the tickets.  Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!  What next?
:-)

No comments: