RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

10/28/2012

BEAUTY

I mentioned a few days ago about how beautiful it can be here in Autumn.  I got to thinking about all the beauty that I've seen.

The mighty Cliffs of Moher towering over the Atlantic on the west coast of Ireland in County Clare.
The majestic Rocky Mountains rising in the distance as I drove across a barren plain in Arizona. 
The golden sun melting into the Gulf of Mexico from the beach at Anna Marie Island.
The waterfalls amid the verdant forest of the Smokey Mountains with the clouds below.
The thunderous spray of the ocean on the rocks of the Big Sur coast from Carmel, California south.
The shocking brightness of Hoover Dam on a black night with the glow of Las Vegas in the distance.
The deep green of the Blue Mountains from a train in southern Australia.
The ocean, endless in every direction, from the deck of a ship in the middle of the Pacific (and, at night, a sky with more stars than you can imagine).
My wife holding our five-month-old daughter in an almost empty Cincinnati airport after a year in Vietnam.

How lucky am I?
:-)





No comments: