RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

1/07/2013

MEMORIES

Yesterday, I thought of something I did many years ago that could have changed my life.  I'm not sure if I ever told anyone this before.  In 1965, when I was drafted into the Army we began by taking tests, both intelligence and aptitude.  After the tests, I was interviewed and offered officer candidate school which I declined.  Then they asked if I had a job preference.  I asked to go into the medical corp.  The interviewer was delighted - said they were in dire need of good medical corpsmen.  I thought that is what I would do.

After basic training, I got my assignment which was to personnel school. They were drafting so many at that time, gearing up for the Vietnam War, I suppose they didn't have time to pay attention to individual preferences.  It could have changed my life.
:-)

No comments: