RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

2/12/2013

FAT TUESDAY

Mardi Gras!  Let loose > Lent looms. 

The Walking Dead are walking again.  Fun TV - Sunday nights on AMC!

I'm struggling with choosing a new car right now.  I might make a move today.

I have the feeling that Winter is over although it officially doesn't end for five more weeks.  Hope I'm not in for a terrible disappointment.

New word to put in your vocabulary this week, as suggested by one of my daughters, acquiesce.  The word is not foreign to me but I admit I seldom use it or hear it used.  It is pronounced:  a-kwe-es'.  To give in or comply with someone else's suggestion.  Example;  "When our father wanted something done, we always acquiesced.  We were afraid not to."  Let's all try to make it a point to use this word in the next week.

More on words:   not only letters but spacing is important in language.  Here, as an example, are two sentences.  The money is now here.  The money is nowhere.  Okay, where is the money?

\o.o/







No comments: