RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

5/15/2013

TO-DO

I've had a project on my to-do list for xx (I don't want to tell you how many) years.  The last few years, I told myself I would do it when I retired.  That's been hanging over my head since July 14 of last year.  Well, mark May 14th as the day it actually got done. 

The hose bib in the back of our house was broken xx years ago.  All this time, I've been dragging hoses from the front when I needed water in the back. 

It was one of those jobs that really would have been best done by two plumbers.  The big problem was soldering copper joints.  I did a bunch of them thirty or more years ago and only a few since then.  To do the job right, the pipe would have to be re-routed and lots of joints were required. 

Every Tuesday and Thursday for the past ten months I've thought to myself, "I should have tried it today."  Of course, Tuesdays and Thursdays are the days my wife works.  This would give me all day to get to the point of turning the water back on. 

I finally did it.  It worked without a glitch (almost).  I'm very proud of myself at this moment.  OMG!  I think I hear a drip in the basement. 
'0.0'

No comments: