RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/26/2013

THE WALKING LIVE

I've stepped up my walking to every day.  I'm doing about 25 to 28 miles per week.  One thing that means is  I see a lot of people.  Some I pass going the other way on the path and some pass me going the same direction.  I walk clockwise . . . some people go counterclockwise around the lake.  Here are a few notable ones.  You get to know the ones walking the opposite direction.

Counterclockwise
A pretty, middle age Asian lady who always wears a large dress-up hat.  She never says anything.  
A frail old man who looks like he's ninety.  His body is curled and bent sideways.  He walks or jogs and always looks in pain.  I'm sure he ran marathons at one time - maybe still does.
A slight but spry lady over sixty who walks a basset hound.  The dog stops every ten feet.  When I pass, she always makes an exasperated sound along with a greeting.  It must take her a long time to get around the lake.
Clockwise
A thirty-something young lady who wears spandex and runs the course with her black lab.  Nice view while it lasts.
\o.o/
  




No comments: