RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/08/2013

SHARON WOODS

I've talked before about the animals and people I see on my daily walks at Sharon Woods.  Here are a couple of doozies.

The large duck population (50-100) is made up mostly of mallards and wood ducks.  One of the wood ducks has only one foot.  He must have had it bitten off by a turtle when he was young.  He can walk fine on the stump but he stands on the shore most of the time.   Anyway, we joke that if he tried to paddle around in the lake like the other ducks he would only go in circles.  

More than once, I've seen a man on the 2-1/2 mile path (that people use to stay healthy and get fit) who rides a motorized chair.  He is so obese that the fat of his abdomen hangs down between his legs.  The last time I saw him tooling around the lake, he had a super-sized coke in the cup holder of his vehicle.  I'm sure he enjoys communing with nature -  not sure Mayor Bloomberg in New York would approve.  
o.o


No comments: