RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/09/2015

MUSIC

It's interesting how the different generations treat their music.  Some of that has to do with availability and some with the conditions of your ears.  I figure thirty to thirty-five years is the max for a person to consider music his own.

My parents, of course loved music from the 20's thru the 40's to about 1955.  Anything after that was just "screaming"- "no one knows the words."

I was hanging in there pretty well until the about 1990.  I suppose my thirty-five years were up.  It was about that year that "rap music" came into vogue and blew me out of the water (though I do have a few selections on my phone).  

The new definition of  'country music' befuddles me.  When I grew up, you couldn't say "country" without "western".  You could tell a country song immediately because the singers had cloths pins snapped on their noses.  Now anything with a message is "country".

There are still oldies stations on the radio spinning 50's and 60's records.  They are getting diluted by 70's and 80's music which has fallen into the oldies category.  Now, I'm totally lost.

These days, most of my friends have or are being fitted for hearing aids.  All the music is just "screaming" and "no one knows the words."
O.O

No comments: