RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

11/13/2015

WHEN I WAS A KID

When I was a kid, we had no relatives that lived more than a half-hour away by car.  None!  My dad had eleven siblings and none lived outside of Cincinnati.  My mother only had one sister but even her most geographically distant relative (an aunt) lived in northern Kentucky.

I have a daughter and grandsons in Florida and a sister in California.  I have nieces and  nephews in California and Nevada.  Its a sign of the times; of how mobile this generation has become.  It's not good or bad - it's just the way things are.  Luckily, our quick advance in communications technology has bridged the gap for distant family members.   Families should stay closer together - no matter how far apart they are - because of it.
*o*
  

No comments: