RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/25/2016

SOFTBALL

Softball - softball - softball.  Things are all better now.  I went two for three last night and we won 19-8.  The beer tasted good again.  One minor problem.  I pulled a groin muscle - I presume that's what it is.  It's in my lower abdomen and I can hardly walk.  We don't play next week because of the 4th of July weekend the park is taken by others.  Hopefully, I will be better by then.

What do you make of the Brits (UK) exiting the European Union (EU)?  I think it's too soon to tell all of the ramifications. The real killer to the union will come if other nations begin to take similar votes to secede from the union.   I  am counting on our stock markets to return to their recent highs.  

Don't think that the UK is all by themselves in eschewing the EU;  Switzerland and Denmark, both very European, are not in the fold either.   There are 28 countries now in the EU.   Our country is a union of 50 states.  156 years ago, we had states secede from the union because of a disagreement over slavery.  Years of war followed.  Our constitution has no provisions for states to leave the union.
The constitution of the EU has such a provision.  I assume it will prevent a war.

Pete Rose is being inducted into the Reds Hall of Fame this weekend and his number will be retired. Here's my favorite picture of the Hit King.                                                  
                                                                       
                                                                                                                                                                                       
*o*

No comments: