RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/02/2016

SOFTBALL / THE MEATBALL

No game this week because of the holiday.  Good thing!  I still can't walk without pain.  I'm afraid I may live with it the rest of my life.  We will see.

I'm beginning to think that the Republican Party is in fact on it's last leg.  I wrote two years ago that I thought the Tea Party was ruining the Republican Party by splintering it.  You hear little of the Tea Party this year but Donald Trump is the child of that movement.  It is the angry side of the party - the uncivil side.  

I always thought the Republicans were the party of Conservatives.  No longer.  It is the party of knee jerk hysterics. Some party members love Trump's crude nature . . . others ignore it.  I can do neither.  My friends who are Trump supporters can only say that Clinton would be worse.  The best argument I heard was that Trump is so radical and unpredictable that something good might come of him.  The chance is slim, but with Clinton there is no chance.  It's hard to believe that this is the best we can do.

My sincere hope is that the election is between two people not named Clinton and Trump.  I hope.
*o*


No comments: