RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

10/26/2016

INTERFAITH WISDOM

IN MY HEART

When the coals of faith are cooling off inside you,
and you feel that all you do is act a part,
when you're desperate for one ember that's still burning,
you will find it, hot and glowing, in my heart.

When you've lost that smiling image of yourself,
and you don't know where to stand or where to start,
when you're looking for your compass and your candle,
you will find them, safe and protected, in my heart.

When some people label you a failure,
and the accusation pierces like a dart,
there's one to whom you've always been an angel,
I still love you, I still see you, in my heart.

Everything that's good and sweet about you-
and there's so much, you're a living work of art-
is alive in me, I've kept it like a songbird,
soaring still and calling in my heart.

--Wael Abdelgawad
on his website Islamic Sunrays .com
O_O


No comments: