RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

11/01/2016

POTPOURRI

Today is the day the Catholic Church celebrates All Saints.  It sits in juxtaposition to Halloween which seems to celebrate those in the netherworld.

Tall, dark and handsome?  It has been determined that female lions prefer males with dark manes over those with fair hair.  No indication of how they feel about my bald brothers.

In all the U.S. military services, enlisted men are addressed by their rank.  (for instance, Corporal, Sargent, Airman)  Not so with the Navy.  The Navy uses job titles if they are apparent.  (For instance, Seaman, Fireman, Airman)  Well, they did - no longer.  All these titles have 'man' in them.  Not good for today's Navy.  Women don't like that.

The U.S. has 4% of the world's population but consumes 80% of the world's pain medicine.  My guess is that we still complain about pain more than the rest of the world.

In case you thought I had completely given up my art work, here is my latest - I've even been allowed to hang it in the house.













It is on two canvases to give the impression of looking thru window panes.  Two different trees are involved representing my family and my wife's family.  The birds, of course, are my wife and me bathed in the glow of our love.  (How sappy was that?)
O_O

No comments: