RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

3/31/2017

WHEN I WAS A KID

When I was a kid, contact lenses were not available. You would see many players in all sports wearing glasses.  They made sports glasses with rubber frames and unbreakable lenses.

When the lenses became available to the public, basketball players were the first to use them.  Those first contact lenses were hard - rigid lenses that would pop out if your head took a good whack. It was a joke.  Games were being stopped right and left with multiple players, coaches and trainers on their hands and knees looking for the dislodged lenses.

It was only a couple of years before soft lenses were available and the lens hunts were mostly eliminated.  I waited until I was about 55 before I got contacts.  My eyes were not good enough for the early lenses. It's been a godsend.
😎

No comments: