RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/24/2017

LIFESPAN

Being that I am nearing the end of mine, I dwell on lifespan more often these days.  Just to make myself feel better, I've investigated the short side of the lifespan scale.  Here is what I've found.


  • Rabbits live only 8 - 12 years.  Too bad, I like rabbits if they're not eating in my garden.  Hare today; gone tomorrow.

  • A mouse in your house will only live 1 year if you don't wack it before that.

  • Dragon flies only live 4 months and then -  gonzo - fish food.

  • House flies max out at 4 weeks then you find them 'sleeping' on your window sill.

  • Ants, besides the queen, live only 3 weeks.  On top of that, they work like hell the whole time - what a life.

  • Did you ever see a mayfly?   Look quickly!  They only live 24 hours -  the shortest lifespan of all living creatures.  What would you do if you only had one day to live?  Right, me too.  That's why we keep seeing mayflies. 


It worked.  I'm not complaining.
😶


No comments: