RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

2/02/2018

LIBERTY BELL

Strange mind that I have, I went searching for a picture of the famed Liberty Bell that didn't show the crack.  Did you ever notice, every picture shows the bell with the crack.  Well, its only cracked on one side, why not take a picture of the other side?  (My mother would have - she was very protective of any problem we had and would keep it from outsiders.  I inherited that mindset.  But, I digress.)

 Almost no pictures of the bell exist except with the crack front and center.  Well, below you will find the picture I was looking for except that it doesn't show the complete, good side of the bell - only the top portion.  Then I noticed why this picture was probably taken.  The word Pennsylvania is spelled as I have it here not as it is on the bell.  So, not only is the Liberty Bell cracked - it has a misspelled word.  Voila!


Related image

🔔

No comments: