RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/19/2018

SPORTS > LIFE

Who do you root for?  The home team?  The team from your home?  The team with a player you admire?  The team with the cool uniforms?  The underdog? 

THE UNDERDOG?  Not me!  A lot of people root for the underdog, I can't do that.  If I have no other good rooting interest in a game, I always root for the favorite.  No, not because I have to be a winner.  I do it because it makes the world right. 

Of all people, I know that anyone can win.  I know all too well that the favorite does not always win.  I root for the favorite because it backs up my, and others, estimation of which team is better.  Some times the statistics do prove out.  A victory by the favorite is proof that statistics don't lie.  It makes much of what I know of sports true even though it doesn't do what also makes sports great - the upset. 

That's the way I see it.
⚽⚾πŸˆπŸ€πŸŽΎπŸ’

No comments: