RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

12/17/2018

DECEMBER 17

On this date in 1989, the first episode of "The Simpsons" aired on TV.  The episode was called "Simpsons Roasting on an open fire."  It was carried on the fledgling Fox Network.

Do you wonder why I chose this item to feature today?  It's because I have never, never watched the show.  It's been on for 30 seasons - 649 episodes!  No never.  I don't like the humor - some might say I'm humorless; I don't know.  That still begs the question, "why am I mentioning it?"

Well, I'm an avid crossword puzzle aficionado.  All the time, crossword puzzle makers are using characters from The Simpsons for clues.  It's unfair.  Why should I know Apu, Moe, Lenny, Carl and Barney?  Who cares about Patty and Selma and Milhouse and Nelson?  Not to mention Waylon, Crusty and Carl.  STOP!  It's not fair!

Twenty-nine years ago today.  THE SIMPSONS   Who Day They
📡

No comments: