RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/02/2020

WHAT DAY IS IT?

Old people make fun of themselves because, for us the retired, it's difficult to remember what day it is - both the date and day of the week.  I try to keep in mind some key regular events - that helps me to remember...sometimes.  You know, things like; 'take the garbage cans out on Monday evening', 'play golf on Thursday morning', dinner with friends on Thursday night, bathe on Saturday and 'go to church on Sunday'.   (Do you think I was kidding about any of these?)

Well, its been raining every Thursday for a month and we can't eat out with a group very will, can't go to church on Sunday - so much of my reminder mechanism is kaput.  Working every weekday kept me on schedule in the old days.  Now, what do I have?  Before the corona onset, I had a regular walking schedule.  No more!  Sports schedules would keep me in line.  No more!  What can I do?  



No comments: