RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

12/16/2020

MIDWEEK PRAYER

 Each of you probably have your own favorite prayer.  No doubt, one you learned when you were very young; maybe, one you heard a parent reciting; perhaps, a single phrase. You probably also have a special intention - something you ask for when there is no immediate crises.  Naturally, your prayers are full of "God, please do this..." or "God, please do that..."  That's okay.  You may be tired of waiting for results. 

Today, it would be my suggestion, if you dare, to say "God, what am I doing wrong?"  Do this earnestly, repeat it and then sit in silence.  I don't think you'll have to wait very long for an answer.  Try it.

Here's my attempt at a prayer for the week.  

Heavenly Father, 

I want to be your servant;

to do as you direct.

I know you are speaking to me;

Open my ears.

I know you have given me signs;

Open my eyes.

I know your Son has shown us the way;

Open my mind.

Amen

No comments: