RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/28/2022

QUOTES

 It's time I gave the Father of Our Country a shot at "quoter" of the day.  I get the feeling that George was a little on the 'quiet' side.  Some recent presidents could have taken a que from him in that regard.  Let's see some of what he had to say.

"Discipline is the soul of an army.  It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak and esteem to all."

"Nothing is a greater stranger to my breast or a sin that my soul more abhors than that black and detestable one:  ingratitude!"

"Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country."

"I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain (what I consider the most enviable of all titles) the character of an honest man..."

"To be prepared for war, is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace."

"It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one."  

"It is infinitely better to have a few good men than many indifferent ones."



No comments: