RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/17/2022

MIDWEEK PRAYER

The following prayer is actually the Psalm read at Catholic masses today.  It is the famous Psalm 23.  Read and apply it to your life.  At first you picture yourself as a lamb in the flock of Jesus - then as the recipient of the Lord's blessings.  


The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want
In verdant pastures, he gives me repose
Beside restful waters he leads me
He refreshes my soul.

He guides me in right paths, for his name's sake
Even though I walk in the dark valley
I fear no evil, for he is at my side.
With his rod and staff that give me courage.

He spreads the table before me 
in the sight of my foes
He anoints my head with oil, 
my cup overflows.

Only goodness and kindness will follow me
all the days of my life
And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
for years to come.


No comments: