RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/09/2022

QUOTES

 I've been receiving e-mails from my conservative friends, recently, that are clips of speeches given by our president and vice-president.  Hilarious but I want to assure you that I will not quote them here.  

Today, I turn to a female who has left us with only a poetic prayer.  I think it's awesome even though it perpetuates some long standing ideas about my ancestors.  Of course, she's an Irish lass from the 5th & 6th century.   Here is the work of Brigid of Kildare; sometimes called Saint Brigit of Kildare.  Please read it with an Irish brogue.

I would like the angels of Heaven to be among us.
I would like an abundance of peace.
I would like full vessels of charity.
I would like rich treasures of mercy.
I would like cheerfulness to preside over all.
I would like Jesus to be present.
I would like the three Marys of illustrious renown to be with us.
I would like the friends of Heaven to be gathered around us from all parts.
I would like that if I should suffer distress, He would bestow a good blessing upon me.
I would like a great lake of beer for the King of Kings.
I would like to be watching Heaven's family drinking it through all eternity.

🍀


No comments: