RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/09/2022

RUSSIA VS UKRAINE

 I'm back on the war in Ukraine.  No matter how many times I push it to the back of my mind, it keeps popping up.  Today, I'm worried about that Nuclear power plant in Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine.  It's one of four in Ukraine and the largest in all of Europe.  It sits in the south central part of the country on the Dnipro River.  The Russians have been operating it but it sits in Ukraine held territory.  The Russians also operated a plant up stream on this river near a town called Chernobyl - you should remember that one - no one has lived there since the 2005 disaster.

In any case, bombs and rockets have been landing near this plant - probably Russian.  If it takes a hit or has it's generators knocked out so that the circulation of water thru the cores is stopped - well, I refer to Fukushima, Japan in 2011.  

Not only would power be lost in a good part of Ukraine and bordering areas, but we could have another scorched earth scenario.  Let's hope for the best.

UKUKUKUKUK

On a sadder yet lighter note:  The Queen is dead, long live the King.  King Charles III is now in charge with Camilla, his consort, at his side.  (I think consort is an old English word meaning floozy.)  Keep in mind that King Charles I was king of the kingdom from 1625 to 1649 - - - at which time he was beheaded.  

Bully!

 

No comments: