RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

5/31/2023

MIDWEEK PRAYER

Tim Tebow, while quarterbacking at the University of Florida got into the habit of writing scriptural verse references on this eye black before games.  They got a lot a press while he was playing and winning a  national championship.  I'm told he actually used eleven different verses.  They are significant, not only for football, but all of life.  

Here is one of my favorites. PHILIPPIANS 4-13.  Think about this when the going gets tough.  I have quoted several ways to translate this line from Paul's letter.  They all mean the same thing.  Create this positive attitude for yourself.

"I have the strength to accomplish anything through Him who empowers me."

"I can do everything through the power of Christ.  He gives me strength."

"I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me."


No comments: