RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/26/2023

STRANGE WISDOM

 Is there anyone who thinks I jinxed the Reds with my entry of last Saturday?  Come on, don't give a person so much credit.  I'll take no credit for the winning and none of the blame for the losing.

ESPN has reported that the sale of the Washington Commanders of the National Football League is about to be completed for $6.05 billion.  The other owners of the league have to approve the purchase.  A dollar isn't what it used to be.  There was a TV show very popular when I was young that gave $1 million to a deserving person.  If you had a million dollars, you were one of the few on the planet.  Now, it's a good start.  

I had a friend in the Army who was very superstitious.  He told me a story about his time in Louisville.  Once he was driving down a one-way street in the city and a black cat crossed the road in front of him.  During his attempt to back out of the road, a local policeman stopped him.  He said he told the cop that he didn't care if he locked him up, he was not going to cross the path of that black cat.  The cop let him go.

I've about had it with weather reports threatening rain.  It has looked like rain, felt like rain, been forecasted to rain many times in the last month and almost - nothing.  Zilch, Nada!  What's up with the "looks like rain" business?

No comments: