RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/20/2024

FRIENDS

I'm having a love-hate relationship with some friends of mine - rabbits.  They are so cute I can't stand it.  They eat my phlox and the petals off my flowers and I can't stand that either.  

Three are living in or around my yard right now.  They are a little jittery so it's hard to build much of relationship.  Last year I tried small carrots from the grocery store and they never ate them.  Maybe, it's only cartoon rabbits that like carrots.

My rabbits are cotton tails - big cotton tails on little rabbits.  The cotton tails seem to be getting larger as the year goes along.  

What's really special about my rabbits is that they have taken lessons from an opossum - to a point.  They stand completely motionless for the longest periods of time.  It's amazing.  Maybe we're having staring matches, I don't know.  But, as soon as I get into their safety zone --- gonzo.  

Has anyone had luck feeding rabbits?  It looks like mine only eat grass, thatch, flower petals, phlox and the like.  Do they need water?  If we do a good job of feeding them, they could replace our turkey next Thanksgiving and save us some money.  Let me know.  

If you think I'm just looking for a friend, you could be right.  My pet died last week after three months.  Well, that's pretty long for a small fish in a tiny bowl. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RIP Fish 🙏