RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/29/2024

CLYDE KOEHNE

Today is my friend Clyde's birthdate.  He was born in 1933.  That's a long time ago.  

He seems to me to be in overall good health.  My dad would say "he's as sharp as a tack."  Some parts of his body are wearing out; a few have been repaired, others are barely usable and others have given up.  His upper body is great; he still has the grip of a weight lifter - be careful shaking his hand.  

He's a good example for me.  I doubt I will live that long but, if I do, I hope I'm as with it as he is.  One of his secrets is that he has a family that checks on him and keeps him somewhat active.  His wife passed many years ago and he lives alone but fortunately in a retirement community -  a setting that encourages companionship and access to immediate assistance.  

He often tells me that he's ready to go anytime God calls him.  It's a great attitude; a great situation to be in.  

Check around your neighborhood.  You may find a great person who needs a helping hand.  It's what people should do.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Clyde! He is inspirational ❤️