RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/08/2024

THE SWAMP

 Leading up to 2016, when Donald Trump was elected President, you often heard from him that he would "drain the swamp."  I haven't noticed that he is making this bold assertion this time around.  

Why?  Well, I think "the swamp" was to large and too strong.  I fear that no one could ever drain "the Swamp".  

"The Swamp" refers to the machinery of state; those thousands of people that keep our government running.  They are in all departments of government and includes the old timers in the House and Senate..  They control things beyond what the president can control.

"The Swamp" can slow down every move or appointment a president makes.  It put up roadblocks to any change he wants to make.  They make selective leaks to the press to sway public opinion.   

Right now I would suppose "the Swamp" has plans for whomever is elected.  "The Swamp" can effect the election greatly but even if a person is elected that they oppose, they can make the next four years unbearable for him or her.  

"The Swamp" can make a department so lax that it allows a candidate to be assassinated.  I fear for our country because of this establishment.  I wish I had the answer to:  "How can we drain the swamp?"

No comments: