RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

10/05/2024

NEWS OF THE WEEK

 Peter Edward Rose passed away at the age of 83.  Cincinnati through and through.

 Israel sent troops into southern Lebanon in search of Hezbollah militants.  Iran sent hundreds of ballistic missiles toward Israel.  I see no end to this fighting - in my lifetime . . .  or in this century.

 The VP candidates met in simulated debate form accomplishing little.  As for their partners, one can't talk and one can't shut up.

 The Bengals won last Sunday - Andy Dalton looked as good as ever - or was it our defense that made him look so good?  

 The major league playoffs have begun.  Eight teams played in the best-of-three Wildcard series.  The winners now take on the better two division winners in each league.  It's a long process, folks.  

 My son, Andy, celebrated his half-century on Earth all last weekend.  Of course, more celebrating is planned.  My family has moved into the 'concentrated birthdays' time of year.

 Sadly, despite my best efforts, my golf game has not improved much this year.  I may be entering golf-depression.  I think it's a real disease.





No comments: