RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

11/12/2005

WHERE WERE YOU

WHERE WERE YOU

Its often said, and its so true, you always remember where you were when historic events occurred. I was walking across the quad on the way to a physics class on campus at UC when I first heard JFK was shot. It wasn't until after that class that I heard he was dead. I had another class that afternoon but I skipped it and went to the Armory and played basketball. I guess I was too shocked to go to class. Exercise, especially basketball, is good therapy.

It reminds me of something that happened several years before. One Sunday afternoon, a friend of mine named Don Moore, stopped by my house and asked if I would go shoot baskets with him. Of course, I did. We walked to the school's outside courts and shot for about an hour. Just the two of us. I'm not sure what we talked about - nothing notable that I recall. It was then he told me that his father had died that morning. I knew his dad. I didn't know he was even sick. I was in shock. I guess he needed that therapy.

Exercise is always great therapy for what ails me.

No comments: