RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

1/06/2006

TWELVE DAYS

TWELVE DAYS

Ok, its the twelfth day of Christmas. Has anybody seen the twelve marchers marching or drummers drumming or whatever my true love was supposed to have given me today? Didn't think so. Its a good thing. With all the noise and bird shit around here from those damn swans and geese and calling birds and French hens and turtle doves and partridges, I couldn't take much more.

There must be a hidden meaning to that song; something that goes right over my head. Or maybe its the middle ages version of rap music. That goes over my head some days. Its as stupid as they come. Whatever happened to great musical verse like "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy, a kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?" Now, that's a song to remember.

No comments: