RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

3/11/2006

A FATHER'S LETTER TO A TEENAGER

A FATHER'S LETTER TO A TEENAGER

(I found this mixed in with some old papers recently. It was in my handwriting but I have no idea if I wrote it or copied it or did some of each. I also have no idea if I ever gave it to any of my children.)

You are unique. You are one of a kind. There has never been, there isn't now and, in all eternity, there will never be another you. You are someone special. There is only one person with your talent, your experience, your gifts. No one can take your place.

Through me, God created you, precious in His sight. He gave you immense potential to love, to care, to create, to grow, to sacrifice. He also gave you immense strength to endure suffering, to withstand pain, to overcome disappointments.

It doesn't matter what you have been, what wrongs you have done, what mistakes you have made, what people you have hurt. You are forgiven; you are accepted; you are loved.

So love yourself and nourish your potential. Become all that you can be. You are you and that's all you ever need to be...for me.

Love Dad

No comments: